28 October 2009

The greatest vampire film ever

'Yes I saw Twilight - my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever.  After the 'film' was over I wanted to ... smack her across the head with my shoe, but I do not want a book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die, so instead I gave her a ... DVD of Murnau's 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu instead and told her, now that's a vampire film'
 
- Screen legend Lauren Bacall on Twitter (Quoted in Guardian, 28 October 2009)

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Especially since Twlight isn't even about vampires.

Scott Meyer made a pretty convincing (and funny) argument on that point (suggesting the Twilight vampires are, at best, leech-men at http://www.basicinstructions.net/?p=1149

Slightly Intrepid said...

In other granddaughter-sourced news, the Jonas Brothers' 3D concert film is a better musical picture than Singin' In The Rain.

Matthew said...

That's just silly. Now, if it was An American In Paris, that point might be debatable, but Singin' In The Rain? Never.