28 October 2009

The greatest vampire film ever

'Yes I saw Twilight - my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever.  After the 'film' was over I wanted to ... smack her across the head with my shoe, but I do not want a book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die, so instead I gave her a ... DVD of Murnau's 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu instead and told her, now that's a vampire film'
 
- Screen legend Lauren Bacall on Twitter (Quoted in Guardian, 28 October 2009)

3 comments:

Matthew L said...

Especially since Twlight isn't even about vampires.

Scott Meyer made a pretty convincing (and funny) argument on that point (suggesting the Twilight vampires are, at best, leech-men at http://www.basicinstructions.net/?p=1149

Ethan Tucker said...

In other granddaughter-sourced news, the Jonas Brothers' 3D concert film is a better musical picture than Singin' In The Rain.

Matthew L said...

That's just silly. Now, if it was An American In Paris, that point might be debatable, but Singin' In The Rain? Never.