16 August 2005

What did Mother Teresa ever do for East Coast Bays?

"Some may say what can one person achieve? To them I say this -- did Mother Teresa make a difference? Did Sir Peter Blake make a difference? While I do not put myself in that league I aspire to their dedication and their example.

They too started with a dream, facing incredible odds. Like them, I have a vision. A vision where every man, woman and child, in my electorate, East Coast Bays will have a voice."

- Paul Adams MP announces that he will withdraw from the United Future list and stand as an independent in East Coast Bays.

[Alternative title: "How one man [deluded himself into believeing that he] made a difference". If you've forgotten him, Paul Adams was the one that used to be a rally-driver, has a former beauty queen daughter, and went on a hunger strike against the Civil Union Bill. Truly a powerful legacy, there. And I'm sure his decision had nothing to do with being placed at #10 on the UFNZ list]

No comments: